8218 US Highway 42, Florence, KY 41042

Had a gas leak, took my car to Tire Discounters because they said that they could look at it right away. Was told it would be $105.00 just to look at it, but that amount would be refunded if they did the work to fix it.

Left the car and a couple of hours later

got a phone call saying my car had a rust hole in the gas tank. $786.00 to replace the gas tank (labor and parts). My boyfriend talked him down to $653.00- "cheapest we could do it". I decided to wait, because it sounded a little high.

Well okay, pay the $105.00 and you can take the car home. I complained about the fact that it probably took the mechanic less than 10 minutes to figure this out, so the manager said, yeah it only took him a minute to see the big rust hole in the gas tank, so he didn't end up charging me... he said give us a good review. Which I did.(MISTAKE!!!!!) So the next day my boyfriend jacked the car up, took off the tire, and took a look and saw that the gas was leaking from a rusted fuel line, (a pin hole leak) and there NO RUST HOLE in the gas tank!!!!!!

He fixed the leak for $7.99. If I was a person who didn't have access to a jack or an elderly person - I would have BELIEVED them and spent almost $800.00 for something that did not even need to be fixed.

Please be careful, this place is very dishonest!!!! I will NEVER do business with this company again, and do to the fact that I told my co-workers, they too are staying away from a company that RIPS people off!!!

Reason of review: Not as described/ advertised.

Preferred solution: I want other customers to be aware of this.

Comments

Respect is one of our core values and we take all customers feedback to heart. Thank you for alerting us.

We would like to connect you with a TD Rep to learn more and address your concern.

Would you mind sending your preferred contact information to tirediscounters.com/contact? We look forward to connecting.

Tire Discounters Reviews